THE TOP 10 SIGNS
(more or less)
That you have the wrong prop.
10. Although it seemed like a good idea at the time, a hack saw blade just doesn't seem to cut it.
9. You went to the local hobby shop and asked the owner for the best two blader he had, but you are not so sure now after seeing that it is made by Gillette.
8. You go back to the store and ask the owner to give you his best pitch, and you come home with a bagful of odd colored argyle socks.
7. You return again and ask for a prop with MORE pitch, and this time he hands you a prop that's sticky. (Thanks to George Bain. )
6. You bought the prop last Halloween, and hadn't looked at it too closely, but now, just as you were about to put it on your plane, you suddenly notice it doesn't say, "Top Flite", it says, "Top Fright."
5. It was black; it looked mean; but on second glance you noticed it read "Bully" not "Bolly".
4. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but in reality it worked better on the lawn mower. (Thanks to Dave Manly.)
3. Another good idea gone astray: You take off and see a green rooster tail behind the model. (Thanks to Will Simcock.)
2. You get to the first loop of the clover and you hear a small voice coming from the engine saying, "I think I can, I think I can, I...no I can't!"
And the number one sign is:
1. Oh, so that's why the Coke can won't work. You said, "Prop, PROP!"
READER CONTRIBUTIONS WANTED
E-mail us with your ideas or submissions.
We will add those we like best.